Jarvis Green reflects on his time with the Patriots. Great interview! Jarvis certainly got it done over the years but was sadly miscast in Richard Seymour’s role in 2009.
McCourty #32, Gronkowski #87, Spikes #55, Mesko #6
Welker and Brady on the sideline of the UCLA spring game. Two things of note: Welker is upright and Brady STILL hasn’t gotten a haircut.
I’m going to admit that I am huge geek for how football players put together their “look”. There are three categories I like to look at 1) Number 2)Facemask/Helmet 3)Overall.
After the draft my favorite day (coming this Friday) is getting the first glimpse of the new guys in the uniforms. I think you can tell a lot about a player just from their “look” and pretty much project exactly what kind of career they will have, unless it’s Chad Jackson who’s look had him in the Hall of Fame.
With numbers to be announced in the next day or so we’re taking a crack at matching the top rookies with numbers that we like for them.
Not too many options for a cornerback right now, but of course some real estate should open up once the axe begins to fall on those who haven’t been hacking it. We’re gonna start McCourty off with 26, but project a move by opening day to: 22. Sorry Wheatley, but if you can’t beat out Wilhite you’re probably getting cut.
Definitely the easiest projection to make since he was 48 in college and 84 is available. Mark it down for Gronk: 84.
Hmm, this one seems pretty easy and I am excited to see a Patriot named “Cunningham” again. This is a good opportunity to get a bad taste out of your mouth: 96.
Something tells me Jerod Mayo isn’t giving up 51 for Spikes. It’s still too soon to give out 54 with respect to Tedy. That doesn’t leave too many options, but there’s one that I think would fit nicely: 55.
Not a lot of options at the moment for Hernandez though 80 and 85 could open up. For now he’ll need to stick with something that’s not really that exciting to me: 87. And that’s assuming Tory Holt doesn’t take it. Otherwise I think Hernandez will be doubling up with someone.
This is a good example of the perfect number being available for a fast, tough receiver like Price. Mark him down as a permanent 17. Though I really wouldn’t be opposed to seeing him with 80, with all due respect to Troy.
Punters don’t usually have a lot of choices to make them look good, I think 2 is probably what Zoltan will end up with. But personally I think a far better choice would be: 7.
We’ll hold off on the rest of the draft picks because they’ll all probably be doubled up anyways, and it’s really impossible for a lineman to have an elite look unless you’re Sebastian Vollmer.
On Friday we’ll have a full breakdown of all the rookie looks with analysis and grades.
We’ve been blogging about the Patriots since December 2007, but it was a site that we neither owned nor had any creative control over. Special thanks to Diet Sarah (aka my lil’ sis) for getting me started with this new place where I can vent on all things Pats.
Over my years of blogging I’ve come up with the following manifesto as to what you can expect to see here.
- It’s not really my style to get all hyper critical of the Patriots organization. I firmly believe this is as good as Patriots fan can expect to have it, and I enjoy sitting back and enjoying the ride. I trust in BB and make an effort to understand his decisions rather than assume I know more about football than he does, or that I care more about winning that he does. I am an unapologetic homer. Sports are one area in life where I believe it is okay to not question authority.
- I enjoy X and Os more than most. Alot of my blogs will be of that nature, especially analyzing the Patriots defensive schemes and how specific players are used.
- There will always be a special spot here for Patriots-related comedy. So get ready for videos, pictures and other fun from a Patriots perspective.
- Don’t plan on getting daily links here. If you’re really a Patriots fan you know where to go. I’ll only post links that I think I really interesting and deserve further discussion. Expect most of these to be from Mike Reiss.
- This blog, and it’s owners, are not fans of Matthew Slater. Sorry dude. Stop running head on into tacklers and firing up the other team and maybe we’ll change our mind. But probably not.
We welcome any ideas, comments, ciriticisms, tips, job offers, cash donations, Pats memorbilia, stories, pictures… pretty much anything related to the Patriots or money. You can contact us at PatriotsPropaganda@gmail.com.
No one does the draft like Fitzy.